Family 2015

Family 2015

Monday, November 19, 2012

A Little Break to Say...

So, this will be brief because I'm doing homework, but I had to take a break to pass on these few thoughts.

I'm writing a paper right now and the research that I am doing for it is, on the one hand, breaking my heart and on the other making me feel proud of what I am able to offer my kids.  I know that parenting is often accompanied by heavy doses of guilt and wondering if you are doing a good job.  It is always a relief to have someone tell you that you are on the right track.  So, that's what I'm going to do. :)

Here's a question.  Tonight, do your kids have a place to lay down and go to sleep that is stable and familiar to them?  I don't care if it's a fancy sleigh bed in a mansion or a well-used bunk bed in a mobile home.  Do they have a place to lay down and go to sleep that is stable and familiar to them?

If you answered yes, congratulations!

That one thing in the life of a child is SO important that it almost cannot be overstated.  For your child to have a stable place that they come home to at night does so much for their psyche and well-being.  It gives them the courage to spread their wings and launch out when they know that they can always land back in the nest.

So, whether your nest is fancy and full of the all the latest gadgets or simple and basic, the fact that it exists for your child is a wonderful gift.  They will draw much strength from it in the years to come and it will help them to become healthy and functioning adults.

There is some good news for you, my friends. :)  Now, I'm off to finish my paper...

Happy Thanksgiving in case I don't see you before then!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment