Family 2015

Family 2015

Thursday, August 2, 2018

End of Summer Musings

It is the last week before the kids go back to school and also my vacation week.  We have stayed home this week because we have basically had a summer of mini-vacations. We didn't all go together or at the same time, but we have had some awesome fun and been pretty busy.

We all made it out to New Mexico and all of my kids finally got to meet my Grandma.:)  Reagan went to Michigan and Kennedy is on her way there now.  McKinley and I went to Atlanta.  Kennedy and I went to New York.  Nic and the boys went to New York.  Reagan and I still have a day trip planned to New York.  Free flights are cool, but travel is also kind of exhausting.

So.  We decided to take it easy this week - hang out, swim, back to school shop, sleep in.  I've heard the word bored a time or two, but it hasn't been from my lips. 

Time like this is rare for me and sooo rejuvenating.  I've had lots of time to sit and think and journal and consider the upcoming year. 

Kennedy is getting ready to start her SENIOR YEAR IN COLLEGE.  Dang.  She will likely move to a bigger city after graduation in order to intern in her chosen field for a year or two so that she more clearly knows what to pursue in grad school.  I am impressed with the way she tackles life - hasn't been easy, but she's no quitter.

Reagan will be a sophomore at Radford University and, in keeping with the way she rolls, her fall schedule is enough to make me cower in a corner.  18 credit hours, peer mentor job and all the performances she is required to participate in on top of it.  She wouldn't have it any other way.

McKinley - a junior this year.  Her class schedule is jam packed and she will be working part time and participating in extra curriculars as well.  Thoughts of what comes after high school are on the forefront of her mind all the time, and it really is right around the corner.

Carter is a freshman. In highschool.  He eats, sleeps and breathes lacrosse and Pokemon Go. He is the boy version of Reagan and requires lots of social interaction.  I took him school clothes shopping and he picked out a shirt with roses on it, which is apparently a thing boys wear now.   He is turning into a young man at lightning speed.

Pierce is about to make his first step into the halls of the middle school as a student.  He has found all of his classes, met all his teachers, conquered the opening of his locker and is all set to play the saxophone in the band and flag football.

I am still enjoying my job and am beyond grateful for it.  Nic is working at the airport and handling our growing lacrosse program.  Our life is full, busy, we are blessed.

There are things I could point out that aren't perfect, of course.  I know I am no different than any of you - there are setbacks, frustrations, daily battles.  But, I choose to look at the good - there is so much of it.  I also choose to live in today.  Today, I have daily bread, a home, a beautiful family, my health.  Yes, tomorrow will have it's challenges and there are things that I'm not quite sure how they will work out.

But, this I know.

He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He has seen ahead to what tomorrow holds and has provided.  He is the way maker.  He is my peace and comfort.  He never fails.




No comments:

Post a Comment