Family 2015

Family 2015

Thursday, August 9, 2012

One Day at a Time...Sweet Jesus.

What?  This title sounds familiar?  Well, I guess that could be because this is the story of my life.

I have a lot of things, many things, a plethora of things in my life right now that require the "one day at a time" mantra.  Nic's school, my school (gulp), the kid's school and various activities (gulp times 5), work, house cleaning (ha), cooking, paying bills, trying to have fun while doing it all...these are all things that need to be done over and over and over and over for many years to come.  It is way too overwhelming to think about the ultimate goals.  They are way too far away and way too much has to happen between now and then in order for them all to be accomplished.  I need some caffeine in order to muster the brain power to fathom it all.

No.  I will only allow myself to think so far down the road, otherwise I will spontaneously combust.

So, it pays to remind myself, all the time, that the joy is in the journey.

The joy is in the journey.

The joy is in the journey.

Ok.  So, today I will just rejoice that I completed a math boot camp and then tested out of my math requirement completely.  I will rejoice that Nic has year 1 of his master's under his belt.  I will glory in the fact that my oldest kid has completed driver's ed.  That all of my kids are potty trained. (!) 

And I will remind myself that I get to do all of this with the people I love most.  That's what matters anyway  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment