Family 2015

Family 2015

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Have Almost Arrived...

...at Thanksgiving Break!!!!!!

I am soooooo looking forward to the next 5 days.  I love Christmas, but Thanksgiving holds a special place in my heart as far as holidays go.  It probably has a lot to do with it's uncomplicated nature.  I mean, sure I have to cook, but I do that everyday.  :)

I just can't wait for tomorrow!  We will sleep in (hallelujah) and then spend the day cooking the stuff that has to be made the day before.  There will be Christmas music and we will drink coffee and eat goodies while we work.  My kids will stay in their pj's and they will run and laugh.  They will build with legos and watch some holiday shows.  They will chase the dog.  They will play games.  They will enjoy being together, and without even realizing it, they will create memories.

Then, on Thursday, I will get up early and put that turkey in the oven.  My family will wake up to that wonderful smell and come downstairs, all smiles, knowing that they still have several days before they are back to the school grind.  They will watch the parade and ask me 1,287 times if the turkey is done yet.  After we eat, we will load up in the van and head to Lansing to visit Grandma Dori and then later in the day, we will visit Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Bruce. 

The rest of the weekend will be filled with more of the same.  We do not rush past Thanksgiving to get to black friday - no way.  This is the weekend that is just about us celebrating family.  Presents have their place, but it's not now.  Now, it is just time to sit back and be grateful for all of the ways that we are blessed.  To pause for a moment and reflect on where the journey of life has brought us so far and to dream about the future.

And to eat.  A lot.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment