Family 2015

Family 2015

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Across the Miles

We just had a really great visit with my Dad and step-Mom.  They live practically on the other side of the country and we see them twice a year.

It's pretty tough on my kids, especially the 2 sensitive ones, when they leave.  I remember the feeling well.  I also grew up across the country from most of my extended family and it was so hard to leave, or to be left, when the visit was over.

When Carter woke up this morning and immediately started crying again because his Grandma and Grandpa were gone, I wanted to be able to transfer what I know in my brain and heart right to his.

This is what I know.

Miles and years do not erase love.  The ties of family cannot be broken by distance.  It is actually a blessing to cry and miss someone because it means you have relationships in your life that are worth crying over and missing.

I'm so grateful that my kids' lives are full of family and of all that that means even when it is hard.  We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment