Family 2015

Family 2015

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Battle of Attrition

I'm a generally upbeat kinda person, but even I have my days.

Sometimes life is just hard.  Situations that you thought would have worked themselves out by now, haven't.  Relationships that were important to you have fallen away.  Dreams that you have had are still in the dream stage after many years.  You are misunderstood.

That last one is a tough one for me.  In my perfect world, everyone understands everyone perfectly and no one's feelings ever get hurt.  We all always judge one another by our intentions and not our actions.  Obviously, the place I live is a far cry from my perfect world.

We've been knocked down many times, my husband and I.  I am proud of the fact that we keep getting back up.  I am proud that our relationship is stronger than ever.  I am proud that we haven't cashed our dreams in. I am proud that we have this amazing family.  I know that the battle of attrition is having it's work in us and that all of the friction is making us into diamonds.  I know that ultimately everything will work out.

But, sometimes it sucks.  Sometimes I want a break.

Don't worry.  Tomorrow I will bounce back.  I always do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment