Family 2015

Family 2015

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm Baa-aack!

Emotions are a weird thing.  They change so fast sometimes it gives me whiplash. 

Of course, now that I'm a grown-up, I understand that.  I know that I might be feeling super duper lousy one moment and then the next hour feel like I'm on top of the world.  I am used to the sudden changes and have learned that emotions really mean nothing.  They are in my life to serve me, not control me.  They are a life enhancer, not a life maker.

Which brings me to teenagers.

They are so misunderstood.  They are in this crazy world and just at the beginning of learning about emotions.  They are overwhelming before you have them in their proper perspective, remember??  I look at my girls sometimes and think, "Wow, they are doing a great job at this."  They have to deal with parents, siblings, school, stress from school work and school drama, sometimes not enough sleep, AND try to figure out the emotional roller coaster at the same time.  It is amazing anyone makes it through that time in their life.

Remembering that, what it was like back then, helps me to give them more grace when they are having a tough day.  It also makes me so, so grateful that I am done with that phase of my own life.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment